Mission & Vision
We raise funds to help Grand River Hospital provide exceptional health care.
- We inspire volunteers to help and donors to give.
- We provide resources that are not otherwise available.
- We manage and disburse funds for facilities and technologically advanced equipment for patient care.
Grand River Hospital Foundation fosters a philanthropic environment where everyone in the community understands and passionately supports exceptional health care.
Your Donor Dollars
Grand River Hospital Foundation raises funds to help Grand River Hospital provide exceptional care. Specifically your donor dollars support:
· Medical equipment and technology
· Construction and renovation projects for patient care
· Local clinical and health research and education
Your contributions do not support the day-to-day operations of the hospital (eg. wages, salaries, heat, hydro, maintenance etc.). The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care pays for these expenses.
Our Purchasing Procedures
At Grand River Hospital Foundation, we appreciate the thought you give before making a gift to Grand River Hospital for a designated purpose.
Though much of the equipment the Hospital requires can be purchased quite quickly, there are times when this process takes longer.
Why the delay?
· Our Purchasing Department takes the time to work closely with our physicians, nurses and technologists who will use the equipment to develop a very detailed specification for each purchase.
· The Ontario Ministry of Finance requires a competitive pricing process be initiated in order to receive multiple quotes for the item.
· Our Clinical Departments spend many hours assessing different products to ensure that we can buy what is needed to serve our patients at the best price and without paying for add-ons that would not be useful.
As our donor, we encourage you to contact us with any questions.